WordPress installation is a very easy steps and it takes less than five minutes for setup.
cPanel and cloud hosting has just one click WordPress installation functionality, but you can also install it by manually uploading files directly into the web server.
System requirements for WordPress installation
- If you are using Linux system then you need to require installing LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP).
- If you are using Windows system then you need to require installing WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, and PHP).
- If you are using MAC system then you need to require installing MAMP (Macintosh, Apache, MySQL, and PHP).
- Or you can also install XAMPP, which is Multi-platform and came with (Apache, MariaDB, PHP, and Perl).
- WordPress is compatible with PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.0 +
WordPress is free and open source platform under the GNU General Public License (GPL). You can download it directly from WordPress official website. You can also Download link directly to download WordPress.
- First, you need to required extracting downloaded WordPress zip file and upload into your localhost or web server project folder.
- You need to required to open your web browser and navigate the URL of WordPress folder path (In case of localhost URL will be like http://localhost/demo_project).
- WordPress installation need empty MySQL database, so you required to create it before start installation.
- When you start WordPress Setup then i will ask you initial information about your website, which is described below.
Step 1: The WordPress installation setup will ask you about the language preference on the first step. So select your WordPress language and click Continue.
Step 2: Then provides info about required information before proceeding. Then click on Let’s go
Step 3: After the next steps you have to provide MySQL database connection credentials.
- Database Name: Enter the database name that you have create for WordPress project.
- Username: Enter username for your database.
- Password: Enter password for your database.
- Host: Enter host name, by default it will be localhost.
- Database Table Prefix: Enter prefix for your database tables and wp_ is a default prefix.
Then click on Submit button.
Step 4: Installation setup will checks database credential authentication and provide your confirmation.
Then click on Run the install button.
Step 5: This is the final step, where you have to provide site admin information like site title, admin username, password, email and search engine visibility. And you need to click on Install WordPress button.
- Site Title: Enter your site name or title that you want create.
- Username: Enter username for admin login.
- Password: Enter password for admin login.
- Your E-mail: Enter email id that help you recover your password and also for any important updates.
- Privacy: It allows/disallows the search engine for index this website.
Then click on Install WordPress button.
Step 6: Finally you will see WordPress admin login screen. Enter username and password the you have chosen in the previous screen and then log in.
that’s it, you have successfully installed WordPress.
Here you can see the video for WordPress Installation