Multisite in WordPress is a feature that allows users to create a network of sites within a single WordPress installation. The multisite feature is available since WordPress version 3.0, It allows users to use subdomains of same root domain within the same network. below is the best blog for how to create wordpress multisite and it’s very easy to learn for wordpress beginners.
Multisite network means a collection of sites those all share within the same WordPress installation. There is one network administrator who can manage all sites.
Features of WordPress multisite
- Users can run multiple WordPress sites within a single Installation.
- Users can install themes and plugins and activate it’s for multiple blogs with one download.
- Using WordPress multisite to create other user accounts and get their own WordPress site.
How to enable Multisite in WordPress
- First, you need to enable multisite network in the wp-config.php file. open this file and add below lines of code inside a file.
/* For Multisite Network */ define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true );
- Then after that, you need to save wp-config.php file.
- Then from the WordPress admin dashboard and go to Tools menu -> Network setup screen.
- Then after filling this details then click on Install button.
- Next, Replace a specific line of code within .htaccess file in WordPress root directory and if you don’t have this file then create it and save it.
- Then after complete above steps and log in again through a link provided.
Now you can see the WordPress network menu and WordPress multisite network setup installed successfully.